- How To Download A Google Drive Link
- Google Drive File Stream Download Mac
- Download Google Drive App Desktop
Follow the steps below to install and access Google Drive File Stream on a Mac:
Drive File Stream comes packaged with Google Update (Windows) or Google Software Update (Mac) to automatically update Drive File Stream on your users’ computers. You can configure policy settings for these applications if you don't want Drive File Stream to automatically update. Google Drive for Mac gives users a significant amount of storage in an easy to use platform that is available on many device types. Google Drive for Mac comes with a free version that allows. This video shows how to install Google Drive File Stream on Mac. I will also show how to find File Stream in the Mac Finder Window. If you want to know if Fi.
- Do you currently have Google Drive Sync installed? If the answer is yes, go to step 2. If the answer is no, skip step 2 and go to step 3.
- Uninstall Google Drive Sync.
- Open Google Drive and select 'Download Drive File Stream for Mac' under Settings.
- Select the 'Download for Mac' blue button.
- The DriveFileStream.dmg is now in Downloads and can be used to install File Stream. Execute (Open) the file.
- Sign in to Google Drive.
- Allow Drive File Stream to use the information listed.
- The process should take a couple of minutes, and you have successfully installed Google Drive File Stream.
You can access File Stream from the Menu Bar or inside the Finder window.
Launch from the Menu Bar
How To Download A Google Drive Link
Launch from the Finder window under Devices
File Stream allows end users to work offline. To work offline right mouse click on a folder or file and select Drive File Stream, Available Offline.
Complete instructions can be found under Google Drive Help - Use work or school files on your computer with Drive File Stream.
Solved it! It was a combination of many solutions presented above, but I just had to put them in the right order:
I deleted the Google Drive File Stream app, emptied the trash
I reinstalled the app (still gave an error when trying to log in)
Google Drive File Stream Download Mac
I went to the Finder folder Library --> Application Support --> Google.
Download Google Drive App Desktop
I renamed the folder DriveFS to DriveFS.old
I was now able to log into the app, but it still gave an error accessing the files:
I then went to GO --> Utilities --> Terminal in order to overwrite the Gatekeeper
I entered: sudo spctl --master-disable
Then I entered my password (it’s not visible that you enter something, but the key strokes are noted)
After this I went to system preferences --> Security & Privacy
Under ‘Allow apps downloaded from’ the option ‘Anywhere’ was now visible and automatically enabled
Also, it now showed the text ‘System software from developer “Google, Inc.” was blocked from loading’. --> click 'Allow'
Then when reopening the app, it would start downloading all my files.