- Media Creation Tool Windows 8.1
- Download Media Creation Tool On Mac Shortcut
- Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Mac
For instance it's about twice as fast as UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer or Windows 7 USB download tool, on the creation of a Windows 7 USB installation drive from an ISO. It is also marginally faster on the creation of Linux bootable USB from ISOs. (1) A non exhaustive list of Rufus supported ISOs is also provided at the bottom of this. Download Media Creation Tool - Create a setup package to deploy Windows 10 either from an ISO file you can burn to disc, or through a bootable USB flash drive with this powerful app.
Use the media creation tool to download Windows. This tool provides the best download experience for customers running Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
Here are a few useful guides we've written to guide you in the process of reinstalling Windows, all of these use the Media Creation Tool for different purposes:
This tool includes:
- File formats optimized for download speed.
- Built in media creation options for USBs and DVDs.
- Optional conversion to ISO file format.
Using the tool to upgrade this PC to Windows 10
- You have a license to install Windows 10 and are upgrading this PC from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- You need to reinstall Windows 10 on a PC you’ve already successfully activated Windows 10.
Note: Before you install Windows 10, check to make sure your PC meets the system requirements for Windows 10. We also recommend going to the PC manufacturer's website for any additional info about updated drivers and hardware compatibility
Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC
Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10. Before you download the tool make sure you have:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB flash drive with at least 5 GB of space or blank DVD (and DVD burner) if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
- When burning a DVD from an ISO file, if you are told the disc image file is too large you will need to use Dual Layer (DL) DVD Media.
Check a few things on the PC where you want to install Windows 10:
- 64-bit or 32-bit processor (CPU). You’ll create either a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows 10. To check this on your PC, go to PC info in PC settings or System in Control Panel, and look for System type.
- System requirements. Make sure the PC meets the system requirements for Windows 10. We also recommend going to the PC manufacturer's website for additional info about updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
- Language in Windows. You'll need to choose the same language when you install Windows 10. To see what language you're currently using, go to Time and language in PC settings or Region in Control Panel.
- Edition of Windows. You should also choose the same edition of Windows. To check what edition you're currently running, go to PC info in PC settings or System in Control Panel, and look for Windows edition. Windows 10 Enterprise isn’t available in the media creation tool. For more info, go to the Volume Licensing Service Center.
- Microsoft Office products. If you just purchased a new device that includes Office 365, we recommend redeeming (installing) Office before upgrading to Windows 10. To redeem your copy of Office, please see Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC. For more information, check How to upgrade to Windows 10 on new devices that include Office 365.
This table will help you decide which edition of Windows 10 you’ll choose:
|Your current edition of Windows||Windows 10 edition|
|Windows 7 Starter|
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 10 Home
|Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 7 Professional|
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 8/8.1 Professional with Media Center
Windows 10 Pro
|Windows 10 Pro|
|Windows 8/8.1 Single Language|
Windows 8 Single Language with Bing
|Windows 10 Home Single Language|
|Windows 8/8.1 Chinese Language Edition|
Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing
|Windows 10 Home China|
|Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 10 Pro||Windows 10 Pro|
Popular apps in Operating Systems
Hello Good Morning! The fall is coming now.. It’s getting cold. Anyways, today, we are going to download Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8 for free. By now, many of you are might think about pirated or Torrent, BUT no. It is a legal way to download Windows 10, and Windows 8. Of course you need product keys (or license keys) in order for you to activate your Windows. You don’t need to purchase copy of Windows from Microsoft or you don’t need to purchase on Ebay just to get Windows disks. Here, we have the way to download the genuine Windows product directly from Microsoft! After downloading Windows iso images, you can make Windows DVD disk, or Windows USB drive. Let’s get started! 😀 😀 😀
1. Download Windows 10 and Windows 8 ISO file from Microsoft
First of all, we are going to download the latest Windows 10 and Windows 8 iso images directly from Microsoft website. Here we have prepared the web page links for both Windows 10 and Windows 8 Media Creation Tools. There are two different links. Click the one that you are looking for, and then click download button to start downloading Windows Media Disk Creation Tool. It is an all in one software that allows you to download Windows iso image and it also allows you to make boot-able Windows DVD or USB. 😀 😀 😀
For Microsoft Windows 10, please visit this page and download the Media Creation Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
Media Creation Tool Windows 8.1
For Microsoft Windows 8, please visit this page and download the Media Creation Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows8
2. Let’s create Windows 10 & 8 bootable (or recovery) disk using Microsoft Media Creation Tool
Download Media Creation Tool On Mac Shortcut
For Windows 10:
Look for the download Media Creation Tool file, and just double click the file to run. You do not need to install or activate anything. When you run the application, you will see something like the picture below. You first need to read the Microsoft Software License Terms and you agree with it, otherwise, you cannot use the Media Creation Tool. Let’s go ahead and click “Accept” to begin.
There are two options, you can upgrade your current Windows operating system with this tool. Also, you can download and create a Windows bootable media. Let’s go ahead, and choose “Create installation media for another PC”.
Now, you need to choose one of many Windows 10 versions. Select the right Windows you need. (example. 32 Bit, 64 Bit …) By default, other than recommended version of Windows, everything else are greyed out, and you are not able to choose any other versions of Windows 10. To choose different version of Windows 10, remove the checkbox next to “Use the recommended options for the PC” to access different versions of Windows 10.
Time to choose the media type. You have two options. USB flash drive, and ISO image to a DVD or a BlueRay. Choose the right one for your need.
Now, the downloading of Windows 10 image will be started. Depends on your internet speed, the estimated downloading time varies.. So, sit back and relax until the download is complete. If you choose the ISO file option, after download is finish, it will ask you if you want to run DVD burning tool to burn bootable disk. Say yes to run the burning program, and you can make the bootable DVD.
For Windows 8:
As soon as you run the Media Creation Tool for Windows 8, your first step is to choose the version of Windows 8 you would like to download. Make sure that you are downloading the same version for the computer that you are going to use this bootable (recovery) disk. Let’s go to the next step! 😀 😀 😀
Now, it is time to choose USB or DVD. Choose the right one for your need! If you want to install Windows faster, go for USB, because the Windows installation speed is much more faster than traditional DVD.
From this point, you may follow the instructions from the Media Creation Tool. YOU ARE DONE! 😀 😀 😀 This is how to download Windows 10 and Windows 8 directly from Microsoft for free! If it was helpful, don’t forget to follow us on our social media.
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Mac
If you have any troubles or problems, feel free to leave a comment here! Thank you!!!